You are an Oblong or Rectangle face shape if your face is visibly longer and narrow. The difference between the two is the angular or rounded nature of the jaw and chin.
You are an Oblong shape if your jawline and chin are rounded and soft as seen above in actress Sara Jessica Parker.
Conversely, your face is a Rectangle if your jawline and chin are angular, as in the above photo of this model.
To balance the face by creating shortening and broadening the face.
Attractive Styles include:
- Using curls at temples & cheekbones
- Cuts with layers that add fullness a the jawline
- Short, fringed bangs
- Parting hair off center or side
Styles to Avoid
- Parting hair down the center
- Adding volume at crown
- Long hair with no body or volume at sides
- Angular cuts or close hair at temples
- Extremely short hair
Want More Help With Your Face Shape?
Radiant Image’s Perfect Clothing Fit service provides you with a complete style guide for your face shape, including hairstyles, glasses, necklines and accessories. Your style guide also includes clothing styles for your body shape and proportions. Contact us to learn more!