Fall 2020 Classes
Classes are virtual unless otherwise noted
Beautiful You: Color & Clothing (3 hrs)
What colors bring out the best in you? Learn to select clothing colors that flatter your eyes, hair and skin coloring. In this interactive class, you’ll provide selfies of your face ahead to the instructor to determine if you’re warmer or cooler in coloring. Then watch your appearance change as the instructor virtually “drapes” different shades of colors over your photo. In addition to learning about your most flattering colors, you’ll also receive general recommendations for eye shadows, blush and lipsticks based on your coloring. You’ll soon be rethinking the colors you wear – from clothes, to jewelry, to makeup!This class does NOT include a personalized color palette.
– Thurs, 9/24: Augusta Adult Education (5:30-8:30pm)
– Thurs, 10/1: Old Orchard Beach Adult Education (6-9pm)
– Tues, 10/6: Gray/New Gloucester Adult Education (5:30-8:30pm)
– Wed, 10/7: Gorham Adult Education (IN-PERSON: 5:30-8:30pm)
– Thurs, 10/22: Lewiston Adult Education (IN-PERSON: 5:30-8:30pm)
– Tues, 11/10: Bonney Eagle Adult Education, Standish (IN-PERSON: 6-9pm)
– Thurs, 12/3: So. Portland Adult Education (5:30-8:30pm)
Best Clothing Styles for Your Body (3 hrs)
Do you have a lot of clothes in your closet but still feel like you have nothing to wear? Do you dislike shopping because you’re not sure what looks good on you? In this online interactive class, you’ll provide a few photos of yourself in advance of class, then learn about body types and face shapes. Together with the instructor, you’ll learn tips for choosing the most flattering clothing styles, hairstyles and glasses for your features. You’ll also get to watch the instructor “drape” you in different necklines showing which ones look best on you! Afterwards you can purge your closet of unworn and unflattering styles then be ready to purchase new clothes! This class does NOT include a personalized Best Clothing Fit portfolio.
– Wed, 10/14: Chelsea/Whitefield/Summerville Adult Education (IN-PERSON: 5:30-8:30pm)
– Thurs, 10/15: Old Orchard Beach Adult Education (6-9pm)
– Tues, 10/20: Bonney Eagle Adult Education, Standish (IN-PERSON: 6-9pm)
– Wed, 10/21: Freeport Adult Education (IN-PERSON: 5:30-8:30pm)
– Thurs, 10/29: Augusta Adult Education (5:30-8:30pm)
– Wed, 11/18: Merrymeeting Adult Education (5:30-8:30pm)
– Tues, 12/1: Gray/New Gloucester Adult Education (5:30-8:30pm)
– Thurs, 12/10: Lewiston Adult Education (IN-PERSON: 5:30-8:30pm)
– Tues, 12/8: So. Portland Adult Education (5:30-8:30pm)
Makeup Techniques for Your Features (2.5 hrs)
Do you avoid wearing makeup because you don’t like looking “made up”? Have your features changed with time and you not sure what to do? In this online class, you’ll learn easy makeup tips that give you an enhanced, natural appearance! You’ll provide a close-up photo of your face, then we’ll identify your face, eye and lip shapes so you can learn makeup application techniques for your features. Bring your makeup to apply what you learn as we go!
– Tues, 9/29: Augusta Adult Education (5:30-8pm)
– Tues, 10/8: Freeport Adult Education – RSU5 (IN-PERSON: 5:30-8pm)
– Thurs, 11/5: Old Orchard Beach Adult Education (6-8:30pm)
– Thurs, 11/12: Merrymeeting Adult Education (5:30-8pm)
– Tues, 11/17: Gray/New Gloucester Adult Education ( 5:30-7:30pm)
– Thurs, 11/19: Lewiston Adult Education (IN-PERSON: 5:30-8pm)
– Tues, 12/15: So. Portland Adult Education (5:30-8pm)
Looking Good in an Online World (1 hr)
Do you do a lot of Zoom social gatherings or meetings with friends or colleagues? Are you providing or taking classes online? If so, your face is front and center like never before. This online class will teach you tricks for looking good from the waist up! Topics covered include: lighting and camera angles, selecting flattering tops, makeup tips and things you should know about jewelry, glasses and hairstyles in a virtual setting.
The Art of Networking & Relationship Development (2.5 hrs)
In this session, you will learn the art of conversation and how to effectively network and build relationships. Topics covered include how to enter a conversation at networking events, asking open-ended questions (and key ones to use), how to discover common ground, listening to understand vs. respond, body language and voice tone tips and coaching on how to exit conversations. Etiquette will also be covered for texting/phone use, when to do hand-written notes vs. emails, and email manners. Time will also be spent on in importance of follow through and how it impacts relationship development. Following some instruction, you will take turns role playing to better learn the techniques.