Since it’s been a while since most of us have been able to go anywhere, I thought some packing tips might be helpful. Here’s some things to consider when packing for a casual, fun trip this summer or early fall…
Key Packing Tips
- Select clothes from the same color family – makes it easier to mix and match
- Pack more tops than bottoms – bottom colors should be in basic colors like blue, black, grey, taupe, brown, etc.
- Choose knits, cottons and polyester blends – they hold their shape better than other fabrics, like linen
Short Trip Packing: 3-4 Days
- Coordinating casual jacket, pants, skirt (travel outfit)
- Additional pair of pants, capris or shorts (depending on weather)
- 3 tops that match bottoms
- 2 shoes – casual, walk around shoes plus sandals
- Underwear and spare bra
- Toiletries and makeup
- Hair styling tools (flat irons, curlers, etc.)
Longer Trip: 7-10 Days
- Add another jacket or cardigan sweater
- Add 2 more tops
- Add 1 more pair of pants
- Add 1 skirt, capris or shorts/skort to match tops
- Add more socks and underwear
- Consider adding a summer dress for a restaurant that’s a little dressier!
- Add dressier pair of shoes (if needed for dress)
How to Pack a Suitcase
- Roll softer fabrics and fold stiffer ones
- Arrange rolled items in the bottom
- Place folded garments in next. Then, cover with a large plastic bag
- Top your suitcase with the clothes you need first
- Snake belts around the perimeter of the bag
- Put shoes into a one-gallon resealable bags and set them along the side
Bringing a Hat with a Brim? Here’s How to Pack It!
- Fill the inside (where your head goes) with socks or underwear
- Place hat flat, brim-side down, in the suitcase on top of your folded clothes
- Place other folded clothes on top of the brim to keep the shape!
One more thing…Copy Important Documents Before You Go
- Make 3 copies of your credit cards, driver’s license and passport
- Keep one at home, one in your carry-on bag/purse, and one in your luggage
- Now you’re ready to go!!
Want to Look Particularly Fabulous on Your Trip?
Learn your best clothing colors and styles! Our Color Analysis, Perfect Clothing Fit and Skin Care and Makeup solutions use sophisticated technology to analyze your individual coloring and body proportions, giving you the tools and information you need to get the look you want! It takes just a few hours to get you on your way. Contact us today!